This article describes the SharePoint 2010 team site… a SharePoint template intended “[…] for hosting PowerPoint broadcasts. Presenters can connect to this site and create a link for remote viewers to watch a slide show in a web browser.”
You can find more descriptions of SharePoint templates at:
The PowerPoint Broadcast site template is available for
Here are some screenshots where you can see how the PowerPoint broadcast site looks:
If you need to do some common tasks as a site member or site owner please have a look at the following tasks including possible differences between SharePoint Foundation 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010:
SharePoint template functionality
Here is you you can broadcast a PowerPoint presentation… open PowerPoint with a presentation and click Broadcast Slide Show under the Slide Show tab:
Change the broadcast service or use the selected one.
Add a service allows you to enter the URL of your SharePoint broadcast site:
Send the URL to all attendees of the slide show:
Wait until the presentation is started:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and 8 (works also with Internet Explorer 9)
- Firefox 3.5 (works also with Firefox 4)
- Safari 4 on the Macintosh
SharePoint PowerPoint Broadcast Site limitations
See the TechNet article by Microsoft to see more information… although it is about Office Web Apps 2010 it also applies to the site template:
- “Audio Slide show audio will not be heard by attendees through PowerPoint. For remote presentations, users may elect to supplement slide show broadcasts with audio through a personal phone call or conference call.
- Video Attendees will only see the static poster frame of any video clips.
- Transitions Attendees will only see a fade-in transition between slides.
- Ink drawings and markup Presenters will not be able to add ink annotations or markup during the broadcast.
- ActiveX controls Attendees will see only a static image of the control and will not be able to interact with it.
- Hyperlinks to other presentations If the presenter clicks a hyperlink to another presentation, attendees will continue to see the most recent slide the presenter showed in the original presentation.”
SharePoint template development
There are no resources yet.
Use the PowerPoint broadcast to display a presentation over the browser. Be aware of the capabilities and limitations…
Please take a look at another SharePoint template.