Almost a year ago I have written the SharePoint 2010 installation guide and since that there are a lot of comments and learning's.Before I go into detail: Yes I will release a PDF document including all parts about how to install SharePoint 2010.
This depends on another project I’m doing so I don’t know when.
First of all I want to thank you for the comments and feedback you gave… I’m really happy because it helps and it motivates me to go on.
Here is the thing in case you missed it:
- Overview and hardware requirements
- Windows Server 2008 R2 software requirements
- Windows Server 2008 R2 configuration
- Web Server (IIS) role and Application Server role including .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- SharePoint 2010 software prerequisites
- Pop3, SMTP, Outlook
- Active Directory installation and configuration
- Administrative and service accounts
- SQL Server 2008 R2 software requirements
- SQL Server 2008 R2 installation and configuration
- SharePoint Server 2010 installation
- SharePoint Server 2010 configuration
- Diagnostic logging
- Usage and health data collection
- Outgoing e-mail
If you need to install MOSS 2007 on Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 you can use the following articles:
I put the useful tips from the comments into the post but for the service accounts I’m not sure...
...whether to create a new application pool with a new managed account or to use the existing “SharePoint Web Services System” application pool.
In some cases the newly created application pool with a new managed account didn’t work and after switching back to the “SharePoint Web Services System” application pool it worked.
- Pro new app pool: The app pool account has only the needed permissions. The application pool of the “SharePoint Web Services System” has the farm account identity so maybe to much permission.
- Pro SharePoint Web Services System: It just works… maybe because of the farm account identity.
So if you know some best practice please let me know… by the way here is a very detailed overview about
So stay tuned for my PDF document about my SharePoint 2010 installation guide…
Do you want to learn SharePoint, enhance your skills or do you need professional material and tools?